These are lean Roasts with very little internal marbling. They are from the “Leg Primal Cut” Oven works great as well as a slow cooker with the TVR no fail gravy recipe.
Source: Canadian Nutrient File, 2007b, Health Canada
Per 100 gram serving
How to… Prepare a Pork Roast
If you feel intimidated by attempting a pork roast, don’t be – it’s surprisingly easy!
- Pat the roast dry with a paper towel.
- Rub the outside of the roast with seasonings as desired.
- Place the roast in a large oven-proof Dutch oven or roasting pan.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Sear the roast by placing it, uncovered, in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 325° F (160° C) and continue cooking until internal temperature of 155°F – 160°F (68°C – 71°C) is reached. Time will vary widely depending on size of roast and whether or not it has a bone- as a general rule allow 20-30 minutes per pound (500 g) of meat.
- Remove the roast from the oven, cover in loosely tented aluminum foil for 10 – 15 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute, and the internal temperature to rise.
- Slice against the grain.